At Dr. John Moffat, your health and the health of our staff are of the utmost importance. To ensure your health and the health of our staff, we follow existing and updated universal infection control precautions and guidelines in our operatories and office. Additionally, we wipe down the waiting room and common spaces with disinfectant on a regular basis throughout the day.
***Following prescribed infection control guidelines, our office is now open for all dental care. This means that we will be doing dental cleaning and other dental care that we normally perform at our office. Please call us if you have a question about your particular dental need. ***
A Special Message For You
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. Some of these changes are procedural, some involve new equipment and protocols. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you enter the office.
- As you come for your visit, we ask that you remain in your car and call us to let us know you are here. Remain in your car until we call you back and let you know it is time for you to come into the office.
- Please wear a face mask when you enter and exit the building. Our receptionist will greet you as you come into the office and will again review the screening questions and will take your temperature using a "touch less" forehead thermometer. We also do the same process for all staff members each day.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Please refrain from touching surfaces as much as you can, and maintain a 6 foot social distancing wherever possible.
- You will see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- If you are traveling to our office with someone else, and you don't need their help to come into the office, we request that they remain in the car and greet you there after your appointment is complete. If they must accompany you into the office, they will need to go through the same screening process and wear a mask. If at all possible, it is not recommended that they be in the operatory during treatment.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 818-225-0041. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us immediately. Our team will continue to monitor events, guidance, and recommendations and keep you updated as needed. Thank you for your patronage.
The links below provide additional information regarding the coronavirus: